Slopes of a yard or property
1) The slope of the land is very important in Vastu. If the land slopes towards East it will bring good luck, if the3 land slopes towards North it will bring in riches, if the land slopes towards the West, it will bring financial losses and if the slope is towards the South it can cause destruction and grief in the family. So, if you have a yard which tilts towards the West or South better fill in more earth in the same and make it slant towards the North, East or Northeast.
2) The South or West of the yard must be higher than North and East. If it is not, you should be able to make it so by filling and putting more earth on the same. If it is not possible you should not buy the yard.
3) The South or West of the yard must be higher than the North and East. If it is not, you should be able to make it so by filling and putting more soil on the same. If is not possible you should not buy the land.
4) As already stated neither the ground nor the building should be higher in the Northeast. The ground should have a slope in the walls of the building should also be lower in the Northeast than the Southwest. If possible the walls in the Northeast should be thinner than walls of the Southwest.
5) Any plot which has lower land in the North and Eastern side and big or small hills on the Western or Southern side or a very high building on the Western and Southern side is a very good yard.
6) The roof too should have a slope towards North or East or Northeast. Rain water should flow towards Northeast, North or East.
7) Main entrances should be in the Northeast, East or North. If it is not possible, care should be taken that it is not in Southeast or Southwest direction. Care should be taken that there should not be a pit, tubewell or a slop towards South or West or Southwest.